Sunday, April 19, 2009

CSA Box

First of all, I have to put in a plug for the CSA program I belong to Full Circle Farm rocks!

Since this blog is all about just cooking what I've got on hand, I thought I should share my latest CSA delivery list with you to kind of preview what I'll be cooking with over the next two weeks.

1 bunch Baby Bok Choy FCF
1 bunch Red Radishes FCF
0.75 pound Asparagus
2 each Hass Avocados
1 pound Sunchokes FCF
4 each Cameo Apples *
0.5 pound Snow Peas
4 each Oranges
1 each Green Leaf Lettuce
4 each D'anjou Pears *
1 each Cucumbers
2 each Grapefruit
0.75 pound Zucchini
FCF = Grown at Full Circle Farm
* = Grown in the Pacific Northwest

From my own garden I have a ton of Kale that we need to eat.

We did already eat the asparagus steamed and smothered with this incredible sauce my Aunt Cheri makes - lemon zest, mayo, garlic and capers. We also ate one of the avocados with chilaquiles. As well as mashed sunchokes (like mashed potatoes) with truffle oil.

I'm toying with making tzatziki with the cucumber since I have dill and mint in the yard and possibly using the hard boiled eggs in salad with the green leaf lettuce.

3 comments:

  1. Getting a tad sick of Kale. We've been eating it with everything, though i can strongly recommend adding sauteed kale, white beans, garlic, onion, prosciutto and parmesan to cooked barley. Divine and hearty.

    I'm down to one hard boiled egg - the others were enjoyed in a salad of green leaf lettuce and the beets I roasted the other day and with salt and pepper as snacks during the work day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The asparagus sauce sounds great! I mixed a quick dipping sauce for artichokes the other night with mayo, dijon mustard, fresh dill, and vidalia onion dressing from costco. It actually turned out pretty well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The asparagus sauce was good, but the asparagus itself? Not so much. they where as thick as trees. Good asparagus is pencil thin and tender as a good pulled-pork (?[hard to find a culinary analogy for that one]).

    ReplyDelete