Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to the Grind

For me, weekday cooking is all about making extra stuff to make meal preparation easier and to have quick lunchable stuff on hand to pop into the microwave at work. Because as fun as eating out for lunch is, it's a bummer on both the wallet and the waistline.

Tonight's dinner goal is to make something that will provide enough for lunch tomorrow and use up some veggies from the box. I'm going to go for quasi chow mein - i've got some bok choy, zucchini and snow peas from the CSA box as well as some canned water chestnuts and frozen shrimp to spice it up.

During last superbowl weekend (still hating the Steelers) I learned how to make a warm noodle salad at the demo kiosk at Shoreline's Central Market. Basically soak premade chinese noodles in warm water, while sauteeing your veggies, then mix up with high quality teriyaki sauce like soy evay. I think my quasi chow mein will be something like this.

I also need to get on my next slow cooker staple project as we finished up all the white beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment